Eventbrite can help you maximize your events!
Eventbrite is the presenting sponsor for PuSh’s Opening Gala, January 14, 6-11pm at Club Fivesixty!
Eventbrite enables people all over the world to plan, promote, and sell out any event. In addition to selling out, maximizing your event’s return on investment is critical–especially in the nonprofit sector. Here are some best practices to consider in order to increase ROI for your next fundraising event.
ROI = Increasing donations + Raising awareness + Maximizing Ticket Sales
While the main goal of fundraising events will always be focusing on maximizing ticket sales, you’ll also want to consider the success of your efforts to raise public awareness about the specific cause, issue or organization related to your fundraiser.
To ensure your event is successful, consider the following two key objectives.
Maximizing Ticket Sales
Our research shows that 33% of events sell half their tickets just one week before the event!
1. Set Goals, Work Backwards. Figure out how many tickets you need to sell every week so that by the time you’re one or two weeks out, there won’t be any surprises.
2. Keep Talking! Organizers who keep up a steady stream of communication by posting updates on their website, Facebook and Twitter sell more tickets.
3. Incent the Early Birds. Create tiered ticketing, with special (lower) pricing for people who buy their tickets the first week they are on sale.
4. Collect Donations. Offer a donation-only option for people who cannot make it to your event but still want to support your cause or organization.
Using Social Media to Maximize Awareness
Social media is an important part of life for many individuals, and smart event marketers use it to their advantage.
• Before Your Event. Use social media to engage potential attendees and boost ticket sales. 60% of Facebook shares are made after the attendee has purchased a ticket.
• During Your Event. Display the event #hashtag so attendees can participate in real-time dialogue about the fundraiser.
• After Your Event. Encourage attendees to comment on their experience, share their recaps and any photos taken at the event. This post-event buzz will show up in your attendees friend’s feeds and increase awareness for your cause and the great event that you threw!
For more information on Eventbrite’s nonprofit platform, Eventbrite for Causes, be sure to visit: www.eventbrite.com/npo/