The PuSh International Performing Arts Festival is one of Vancouver’s signature cultural events. Taking place over three weeks each January, the PuSh Festival presents groundbreaking work in the live performing arts: theatre, dance, music, and various forms of multimedia and hybrid performance. The next edition of the PuSh Festival takes place January 21 to February 8, 2018 at more than 15 venues across Vancouver.
Each year, the PuSh Festival presents performances and an industry conference called PuSh Assembly, a film series, artist workshops, artist talks and many other ancillary events. In all, the PuSh Festival offers over 150 paid and free events over the course of 20 days. The Festival draws an annual attendance of 25,000 to 30,000, and is beloved by Vancouverites as a highlight of the cultural calendar for its daring programming.
About the Role
Reporting to, and working in partnership with, the AED, the Business Development Manager (BDM) is a member of a collaborative team that delivers a successful and creative Festival. The BDM maintains and cultivates the organization’s financial health, including revenue generation from public and private sector fundraising, and supervises a small and experienced core staff. The BDM is responsible for overseeing the implementation of organizational administrative processes, and, as a member of the leadership team, in collaboration with the AED, is responsible for communicating the values, principles and vision of the organization to internal and external stakeholders.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Work with the Artistic and Executive Director (AED) and the Corporate and Foundation Giving Officer (CFGO) to liaise with the company’s current funding bodies
- Work with the AED to oversee the delivery of the individual giving program
- Continue the implementation of development and fundraising campaigns and practices in the company’s CRM (Spektrix).
- Establish and manage the annual operating budget with the AED
- With the AED & Operations Coordinator, manage and establish effective systems for managing income, expenditure and cash flow
- Responsible for the overall day-to-day HR function and the development of employment policies and practices with input as appropriate from the AED
- Minimum 3-5 years of arts management experience (or equivalent) in the non-profit arts sector, with demonstrated success in revenue generation;
- An understanding of – and a passion for – the artistic work of the PuSh Festival, and its role in the live performance ecology;
- Experience with CRM, such as Spektrix, is an asset.
- Excellent writing and communication skills;
- Ability to learn quickly, think on your feet, and adapt easily to new environments;
- Ability to work collaboratively within a dedicated team.
$70,000 per annum, pro-rated, 9 months
Start date: Immediate
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Business Development Manager”. Applications should be attached to email in the following format: LASTNAME_Firstname.pdf.
We encourage applications from queer, transgender and two-spirited people, First Nations, Inuit & Métis, people of colour, and people with disabilities.
The PuSh Festival is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants who submit resumes for PuSh Festival postings. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.