DEADLINE EXTENDED! PushOFF 2012: Call for Expressions of Interest
November 24, 2011
***DEADLINE EXTENDED TO DECEMBER 11. 2011***
PushOFF is an independent curated platform for tour-ready works and projects in development by BC artists.
PushOFF 2011 was initially instigated by an ad-hoc group of artists and centred around the PuSh Assembly. This inaugural edition was a showcase coordinated by Kris Nelson/Antonym and Joyce Rosario/New Works, hosted by The Cultch and The Dance Centre and produced with the support of Made in BC – Dance on Tour.
Companies that participated last year include: Radix Theatre, MACHiNENOiSY, The Chop Theatre, Theatre Replacement, Les Productions Figlio, Tara Cheyenne Performance, Out Innerspace, Theatre SKAM, Kahlil Ashanti, Joe Ink & 605 Collective.
96 industry professionals participated and attended PushOFF 2011, about half were from Vancouver and the rest were guests from the BC region, across Canada, USA, Europe and Australia.
We produced 250 brochures, a micro-site, as well as cross promoted our activities on the PuSh Festival website. For your reference please visit http://www.antonyminc.ca/pushoff/
PushOFF 2012 will be co-produced by a working team comprised of Theatre Replacement, Antonym, and New Works. Guided by a desire to create an ‘off’ culture in Vancouver and connect colleagues attending the PuSh Festival with local professionals in an independent event, PushOFF is a platform for innovative projects, strong artistic voices and work and ideas that are ready to travel. PushOFF 2012 will include curated showcases at The Cultch and Progress Lab 1422 and umbrella other off-events happening in the city. Selections will be made by committee. Values that will impact our selection include artistic integrity, feasibility, and a dedication to advancing theatre, dance
and interdisciplinary performance as they connect to audiences beyond their homes.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR WORK FOR CONSIDERATION
- We seek expressions of interest for the following type of activity: 15–20 minute performed excerpts of finished works or works-in-progress presented in a showcase format
- open rehearsal / studio showing of work-in-progress to be included in PushOFF’s marketing umbrella
- independently produced work to be included in PushOFF’s marketing umbrella
- no pitches, thanks
- please submit your application by email as a single PDF document
- a one-page letter introducing yourself, your project & why you would like to participate in PushOFF this year
- completed expression of interest form (Click here for PDF. For Word version, please contact us below)
- links to websites, work samples and videos available online are encouraged
- send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
There is no submission fee. Participating artist entities or companies will contribute $50 to project marketing & coordination. deadline and notification
Please submit your letter by Sunday, December 11, 2011. Selections will be made by Wednesday, December 14, 2011.
PushOFF will take place February 2 – 5, 2012 with the showcase events complementing the schedule of the assembly. We encourage participating artists to attend the PuSh Assembly and other festival events. Admission to showcase events is free, stay tuned for details on how to reserve tickets.