PuSh Festival Photo Contest: What is your Vancouver?
January 06, 2011
The PuSh Festival “What is your Vancouver?” photo contest reflects this year’s prevalent theme: the concept of ‘cityness’. 2011 is Vancouver’s 125th anniversary, and is a time to reflect on who we were, who we are now and who we want to be in the future. This is a time of reclaiming, envisioning, planning and reshaping identities. We are interested in the heart of the city, its margins and its intersections. We want to explore how people’s subjective experiences create new interpretations of urbanity that reflect the heterogeneous nature of Vancouver.
The contest calls for anyone, professional and non-professional photographers, to evoke the ethos of Vancouver though a single photograph. The photographs will all be posted on the PuSh Festival’s facebook fan site and will be voted on by the PuSh Festival’s facebook fans. The photo that has the most ‘likes’ is the winner.
Submission deadline: January 20, 2011 at 5pm.
• The winner will receive a PuSh Festival prize pack that includes a brand new 16GB iPod nano touch, a 2012 4-show PuSh Pass and a PuSh Festival T-Shirt.
• The photograph and the photographer’s profile will be featured on the PuSh Festival’s high traffic website, PuShing it, the PuSh Festival’s blog and the Festival e-newsletter.
• The winning photograph and photographer will be exposed to leaders of the arts and culture community though association with the PuSh Festival.
• Anyone can participate, and only one photo per photographer will be accepted.
• Photographs (max file size 1MB) should be submitted to email@example.com by January 20, 2011 at 2pm with the subject line “PuSh Festival photo contest.”
• Email should include first name, last name, e-mail address, address, phone number and how you found out about the PuSh Festival.
• Voting will start soon after the submission deadline and will end on February 6, 2011 at 2pm.
• The person submitting the photograph must have full copyrights for the work produced (including permission from subjects in the photograph, if applicable).
• By submitting, the photographer accepts that his/her photograph will be utilized for promotional reasons by the PuSh Festival. The photographer will retain copyrights for the work produced.
• Digitally created work/digital alterations are welcome.
• Photographers have the option to submit a short caption about the work and/or themselves, up to a maximum of 50 words. This will be posted alongside the photo.