The End is Nigh
February 06, 2009
This is it folks, the last THREE days of the 2009 PuSh Festival.
I can’t believe it’s come this quickly. Due mostly to lack of sleep, as the days seem to have bled into one, but whatever.
The POINT I’m trying to get at, is that there is only a little bit of time left to check out a show, performance or musical musing.
What’s on deck (I love baseball metaphors, fyi)? Why, let me tell you:
- Billy Twinkle continues it’s run at the Waterfront Theatre on Granville Island. The few remaining tickets can be purchased through Ticketmaster.
- Skydive at the Art Club Granville Island Stage will make you wow you. Tickets at the Arts Club Box Office.
- Marie Brassard’s highly anticipated production of the Invisible, at the Frederic Wood Theatre at UBC. Tickets through the UBC Box Office.
- Show times 7:30pm tonight and tomorrow.
- That Night Follows Day at the Roundhouse Community Centre, tickets available through Tickets Tonight.
- Shows at 7pm, weekend matinées at 2pm. On until February 8.
- Nanay: a testimonial play plays at Chapel Arts and tickets can be purchased at Tickets Tonight.
- Shows at 7pm, 8:30pm and weekend matinées at 2pm and 3:30pm until Sunday.
- Assembly by Radix takes over a conference room at the Granville Island Hotel. Tickets available at Tickets Tonight.
- Shows at 9pm with weekend matinées at 4pm.
- Live from a Bush of Ghosts continues beyond PuSh until the 15 of February at Studio 16. Tickets can be purchased through Tickets Tonight.
- Shows at 7pm and matinée performance on February 8 at 4pm.
- nikamon ohci askiy (song land/for/from/of the) by Cheryl L’Hirondelle at Celebration Hall at Mountainview Cemetery. Admission is FREE.
- 2pm on Saturday
- The Children’s Choice Awards take over Performance Works on Sunday to acknowledge the best (and worst) of the Festival. Admission is FREE.
- 4pm on Sunday
- The Bang on a Can All-Stars perform their eclectic repertoire (including music by Brian Eno and Sonic Youth’s Thurston Moore) at the Chan Centre. Tickets available through Ticketmaster or the Chan Centre Box Office.
Club PuSh closes it’s doors Saturday night, so come down and watch some amazing performances, drink some Grolsch beer and Painted Turtle wine, eat some Dr. Waffle waffles and have fun.
20 Minute Musicals featuring Juana Molina and Nick Krgovich at 7pm, Daniel Barrow creates art before your eyes at 9pm and Hank Pine and Lily Fawn close it out with their vaudeville musical act at 11pm.
Tickets $20 at the door, free after 11pm.