Dani comes to the PuSh festival with a strong background in theatre and extensive experience as a Stage Manager. She has toured across Canada and worked on award winning shows with companies including Theatre Conspiracy, Carousel Theatre, Theatre Replacement, neworld theatre, The Vancouver Playhouse, Touchstone Theatre, Musical Theatrework, Circus West and The Vancouver Opera. Dani is a graduate of Studio 58 where she was awarded the Dr. Jennifer Wade award and the David Pritchard Memorial Scholarship for outstanding achievement in Stage Management. She was recently awarded the Sam Payne Award for Most Promising Newcomer at the 2009 Jessie Richardson Theatre awards.
We asked Dani to share some fun facts about herself… here they are!
1. I am Czechoslovak. My Mom is Czech and my Dad is Slovak and I was born before the two countries split. I am the only member of my family (except for one niece) that was born in Canada.
2. I broke my arms three times between the ages of 6 and 10. I’m pretty sure that is a large part of the reason my wrists are so wee and I have little to no upper arm strength.
3. My favourite opera is Turandot. I saw it on an outdoor stage at the ruins of the Caracalla Baths in Rome in the summer of 2007. I may have snuck my way into the closing night party. And by may, I mean, I did. It was awesome.
4. I am a muppet addict. Anything Jim Henson touches is gold in my world.
5. I have a thing for buying dresses. I bought a vintage dress that required a crinoline in Toronto. When I told the store clerks that I couldn’t fit the crinoline in my suitcase they suggested I just wear it on the plane home. So I did.