PuSh Profiles – Cameron Mackenzie
December 07, 2012
PuSh Profiles is a new series where you can get to know the names and faces of the people that make this festival so great.
* Tell us what you do for PuSh in one or two sentences.
I make magic at Club PuSh Wednesday through Sunday at Performance works.
* How long have you been involved with the PuSh Festival?
This is my first year producing the Club, but I’ve been a patron since day 1!
* What is (one of) your favourite memory of PuSh?
HANDS DOWN Taylor Mac at the Club a couple years ago.
* Which PuSh shows/ experiences have stayed with you?
I also had the opportunity to chat to Taylor – an IDOL of mine long before we brought him here – AND he is actually very kind. Such a lovely realization when one has the opportunity to meet ones idol.
* What are you looking forward to at this year’s festival?
The closing party where I am hopefully able to celebrate that I did a FANTASTIC job in my first year!
* Outside of PuSh what do you (like to) do with your time?
What I LIKE to do with my time is garden, spend sunny days at the beach and throw dinner parties in my lovely house that I share with my husband Dave Deveau. What I DO with my time is run Zee Zee Theatre – celebrating our 5th season, work on my free lance directing career and do a regular drag show every long weekend Sunday at the Cobalt called Apocalypstick as my alter ego the Queen of East Van – Isolde N. Barron.
* What does ‘crossing the line’ mean to you?
It is the very way in which I have lived my entire life. LARGER LOUDER LASCIVIOUS….always pushing mine and everyone around me’s boundaries.
Comments are Closed.