PuSh Profiles – Jenn Upham
December 16, 2012
PuSh Profiles is a new series where you can get to know the names and faces of the people that make this festival so great.
This year, I am Operations Coordinator. I take care of the day to day running of the office, among other things. I am often heard saying, “Have you tried turning it on and off?”
* How long have you been involved with the PuSh Festival?
This is my fourth year with PuSh. I started off as Administrative Intern while taking Capilano’s Arts; Entertainment Management in 2009, and have guest starred as Audience Services Manager twice.
* What is your favourite memory of PuSh?
Watching our city grow through the eras on stage during ‘City of Dreams’ in beautiful found objects and candle light.
* Which PuSh shows/ experiences have stayed with you?
The street windows of Gastown coming alive with vignettes on a freezing winters night during ‘La Marea’ and haunting memories on miniature display during ‘Kamp’.
* What are you looking forward to at this year’s festival?
I. Want. To. See. Everything!
* Outside of PuSh what do you do with your time?
Ride my bicycle, go to shows, do arts + crafts, drink craft beer, and grow vegetables at city hall.
* What does ‘crossing the line’ mean to you?
Taking yourself outside your usual comfort zone, and allowing yourself to be open to new experiences and emotions. That, or hanging out with Johnny Cash.