Call for Submissions
The PuSh Assembly’s pitch session is back by popular demand! Artists, agents or producers who want to raise awareness about their works on tour, or projects currently in development, are invited to share their ideas with an audience of industry professionals, including international presenters and programmers.
A combination of the entrepreneurial ‘pitch’ and aesthetic dialogue, the PuSh Assembly’s Pitch session is an opportunity to make ideas reality: the flash point from where tours are booked, commissions are dreamed up, residencies secured and relationships struck.
Pitch sessions at the PuSh Assembly have resulted in several new collaborations in theatre, dance, multi-disciplinary creations and hybrid performance projects. Applications are open to Canadian and international projects in all performing arts disciplines.
Deadline for applications is 11:45PM PST November 30, 2015.
Successful applicants will be notified by December 7, 2015.
How to submit an application
Participation in the pitch session is a two-step process.
- Complete the online application form below. You will receive a confirmation email.
- Pay your application fee. Once payment is processed successfully, you will receive a second confirmation.
A complete application will have two confirmation receipts.
- A maximum of eight (8) new projects will be selected by the PuSh Festival’s curatorial team
- Applicants for the PuSh Assembly Pitch sessions must be professional creators
- Projects should have some sort of backing (producing, funding or otherwise) in place. The Pitches are designed to help an already formed idea fly.
- No more than two (2) people may present the project. It is highly desirable that one or both be artistically involved with the project.
- The presentation is to be ten (10) minutes in length and may include audio/visual support. We suggest that (2) minutes be reserved for questions from the audience after your pitch.
- Participants must attend the mandatory pitch rehearsal in the morning of February 3 (approx. 3 hours) at CBC Studio 700
- Successful applicants will be responsible for securing their own travel and accommodation (Canadian applicants should get in touch and explore possibilities with funding from Canada Council for the Arts – Audience and Market Development Program)
Joyce Rosario, Associate Curator
PuSh International Performing Arts Festival
Phone: 604.605.8284 x 103